Hey beauty bosses, this post is for you!
As an Avon representative you are your own boss. As a boss you have to be disciplined and self motivating because you aren’t hurting anyone but yourself by not doing the activities you should be doing. I cannot stress this enough! Yes, you have your mentor, (the person you signed up to sell Avon under), and they will guide you the best they can but YOU have to be the one to put in the work.
Here are 3 tips to help get your mind right and start your business off on the right foot.
#1. Treat Your Business Like a Business.
- Take your business seriously. A business needs to be nurtured like a plant in order for it to grow.
- Schedule time to work your business daily. Regardless, whether you have 20 minutes or 2 hours, pencil it in to your calendar.
- Make a list weekly of all the things you need to accomplish and get to checking things off one by one.
- Realize this. Not only will you have to invest time, but you will have to invest money too. Now, I’m not saying you have to shell out a ton of money. Nope. There are many ways to keep your costs low and budget friendly. You just have to invest in the right products and tools (more coming on this topic in the future).
#2. Personal Development is a Must!
- Direct sales is a tough business. Your days will probably go a lot like this:
- It’s important to stay as positive as possible and keep pushing forward especially on those days when you just wanna throw in the towel and say “screw this”. And honey let me tell you, I go through these moments several times a day (insert eye rolling emoji)!
- You need to keep that same enthusiasm you had when you first signed up to be a rep because that excitement can fade quickly if you let it.
- In order to not let the tough times get to you, you should do some sort of personal development for at least 15 minutes daily. Listen to a podcast, read the Bible or another inspirational book. You can even type “personal development” into Youtube’s search bar and a whole bunch of amazing videos will pop up. I’m working on creating a resources page that will help you beauty bosses out with this tip.
#3. Branding is Essential.
- I’m a firm believer in the fact that you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. Today’s society is driven by visuals, we have social media to thank for that! So, it’s important that you look the part and play the part 24/7, or at least as often as possible.
- Think about what makes you unique? Are you a fashionista, a makeup maven, or a skin care expert? Capitalize on your strengths and incorporate Avon into your daily life.
- If you have just started your Avon business and you’re scared to put yourself out there I’m here to tell you that you CANNOT be the “secret” Avon lady. It just doesn’t work that way. This is direct sales a.k.a network marketing, where your network equals your net worth. You need to reach out and make it known that you sell Avon. Show up and show out babes!!
- Don’t be scared to promote yourself and your business daily because consistency builds awareness and awareness leads to trust. Remember people buy from people they trust, not some random salesperson who pops up every now and then. And for those trying to build a team, you have to be the leader you would follow.
Now I don’t say these things to discourage you. I just want you to understand that if you’re willing to put in the work you can build a business around the lifestyle you want to live. The sky’s the limit babes!
If you’re looking for flexibility in your career and lifestyle, join my team (reference code: tdelvalle). We can work towards our goals together!